——- CORONAVIRUS VACCINATION INFORMATION (Important information please read) ——-
As you may be aware two vaccines have now been approved for use in the UK to help protect against Coronavirus. GP surgeries across the country are starting the process of administering these vaccines to their patients with higher risk groups being prioritised. Groups have been categorised as follows (more information available here):
- Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers.
- All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers.
- All those 75 years of age and over.
- All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals.
- All those 65 years of age and over.
- All individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality.
- All those 60 years of age and over.
- All those 55 years of age and over.
- All those 50 years of age and over.
Davenal House are expecting our first delivery of the Pfizer/BioNTech Vaccine on Thursday 7th January and these will be administered to our Care Home patients on Friday 8th and Saturday 9th January. These vaccines cannot be used for any of our non-Care Home patients.
Our ability to deliver the vaccine to the rest of our patients is dependent upon receiving supply from NHS England and unfortunately this is out of our control. We are likely to only be informed of impending vaccine shipments 24-72 hours prior to delivery. As soon as more Vaccine becomes available we will contact the relevant patients based on their risk category. Please do not contact us to enquire about getting the vaccine any sooner as we will be unable to help you.
Please bear with us during this constantly evolving situation. Updates will be provided on the website as more information becomes available.